Digital Photography Classes In Albuquerque, NM For Beginning Photographers
Note: Due to COVID-19, we are not offering our classes at this time. Send me an email if you want to be put on our email list. Thank you. -Kim Ashley
Six Digital Photography Classes
Throughout the year, I teach six digital photography classes in Albuquerque, NM. These classes are designed especially for beginning students who have little or no experience working with their digital cameras. With camera in hand, you'll learn the basics of how to set-up and operate your camera like the pros. Since the classes are small (3- 6 students) there's lots of time for individual attention and class discussion. -Kim Ashley, professional photographer and owner
1) Mastering Your DSLR Camera (3 Hours). For students who own a digital SLR camera from brands such as Canon, Nikon, Pentax, or Olympus. Learn how to set up and operate your DSLR camera.
2) Mastering Your Digital Mirrorless Camera (3 Hours). For students who own a digital mirrorless camera from brands such as Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, Panasonic, or Sony. Learn how to set up and operate your mirrorless camera.
3) Mastering Exposure and Focus (3 Hours). For students with any advanced digital camera. Learn how to work creatively with the Exposure Triangle--aperture, shutter speed, and ISO--and improve image sharpness by using ten professional focusing strategies.
4) Mastering the Art of Composition (3 Hours). For students with any advanced digital camera. Learn how to create compelling images by following the classic principles of composition and visual design.
Photoshop Elements Classes Photoshop Elements is the most popular consumer editor on the market that includes many professional features at a low-cost (about $75). It's a mini-version of Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom. 5) Photoshop Elements: The Basics(3 Hours). This class shows you how to import and organize your photos. And you'll learn how to work with two editors designed for beginning photographers.
6) Photoshop Elements: Advanced Editing and Layers (4 Hours). This advanced class shows you how to edit and enhance your photos using the Expert editor. You'll learn how to use the most important tools, such as the selection, cloning, and healing brush tools to remove distracting elements. And you'll also learn how to use layers and layer masks to optimize your photos, replace backgrounds, convert to black and white, and make composite images. For detailed class descriptions, click here.
Small Classes: 3 minimum/6 maximum.
Instruction: Classes are taught using a wide-screen TV and a Power Point Presentation with an emphasis on practical hands-on learning. At the end of the class, I'll email you the Power Point presentation in a PDF file (from 50-75 pages).
Cost: Each class costs $40. (Note: For a class with two students, the cost is $50 each. Also, the 4-hour advanced Photoshop Elements class costs $50.)
Location: All classes are taught at Southwest Photos on the west side of Albuquerque.
Days/Times: Classes are taught on Saturday mornings from 9-12 noon.
Instructor: Kim Ashley, an award-winning photographer, with more than 20 years teaching experience at the college level. For more information, please visit: www.kimashleyphotos.com.
Registration: Just contact Kim at 505.307.1808 or at email@example.com. Or use the Contact page.
Gift Certificates: If you are interested in purchasing classes as a present, gift certificates are available.